The Hot as Hell Trail half and quarter marathon has been rescheduled for May 15, 2021. Please note: The 2020 medal and shirt designs will be moving to the new date as well.
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Running is not seasonal!
Welcome to Arizona where summer spends the winter, and Hell spends the summer! Join us for the 3rd Annual Hot As Hell Half & Quarter Trail Marathon in Tempe’s Papago Park. Celebrating the desert one mile at time!Sign Up
What You Get at the Race
- One of the most unique medals of the new decade! The 2021 Hot As Hell finisher medal is hot and heavy!
- Registration includes your choice of a super soft high quality race tee or the ladies racerback tank! (you can race for a little less $ by selecting the no shirt option)
- Race|Result chip timed event with live results available on screen, online, or by text on demand!
- Free to download, high res, professional race photos that are never watermarked!
- And don’t forget the Hot As Hell trail running experience!
2021 Finisher Medal
Check out the 2021 Hot as Hell finisher medal… it doesn’t get any HOTTER THAN THIS!
HAH Heathered Race Tee
This year’s race shirt is a super soft tri-blend tee in a Black Frost color! “But it’s a Dry Heat!”
Everyone that crosses the finish line will receive the finisher medal.
Top 3 Male and Female in all Divisions
Age Groups – Male & Female
- Under 18
NOTE: Overall Top 3 Awards are presented as soon as the 3rd place finisher in each group finishes. Age Group awards can be picked up at the awards table after you finish, just check the results screen and look for your place in the Age Group column.
Schedule at a Glance:
Saturday Race Day:
- Packet Pickup at the race start area, 5:00am – 6:15am
- Race starts at 6:30am
- Race cutoff: The course will close to the start of additional laps at 8:10am, Half Marathon runners will not be allowed to start a new lap after this time. The course closes at 10:30am.
The trail course will take runners through Tempe’s Papago Park, see the tab below for the course map.
The Start/Finish area will be in North Linear Park
- North Linear Park is on the north side of Tempe Town Lake between Mill Ave and the Marina.
- There isn’t a specific address for this location however we do have a link to the specific location on Google Maps
The most convenient parking is available at the Tempe Town Lake Marina Parking area and under the 202 at Mill Ave.
- Marina Parking Address: 550 E Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, AZ 85281
- There are a couple lots under the 202/Red Mountain Freeway at Mill Ave.
- See map below for locations or go directly to the Google Map
Race Field: Limited to 500
Race Start: This will be a chip timed start, your time does not start until you cross the line. In order to spread out runners and reduce the “hole-shot” backup, we will start racers in waves of approximately 30-40 racers at a time.
Chip Timing & Results: All distances chip timed by Race|Result Timing. The chips are attached to the back of your bib and are disposable so we do not need them back. Please wear your bibs on the front of your body and do not cover with heavy coats. Results are available immediately following your finish online, by text or on the monitor (check the back of your bib for details)
Dogs (pets) are NOT ALLOWED on the course.
Strollers are NOT ALLOWED on this course.
Additional rules and race information can be found on our FAQ Page.
The 6.55 mile loop is nearly all single track trail, 1 lap for the Quarter and 2 for Half. This course design allows us to see the runners more frequently and contain the safety and security of the runners more effectively.
This is not an easy road running event. This is a trail running event where you will encounter loose or sharp rocks, steep uphill climbs and rugged downhill scrambles, narrow trails and hot temperatures. Please be prepared to follow trail markings such as flag tape and limited signage along the route.